Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A Talent You Wouldn't Bank

Why is this man in the charts? Why is he necessary? The late, great, Barry White's memory is being insulted by this West Midlands Halifax Bank Clerk chancer, this completely untalented geek.
Why are we so taken in by the quirky? There will be youngsters out there who will never have heard of BW and will believe that this ... rendition, this, travesty, is new and catchy and worth owning. They and others (who should know better) will be happy, rather than seeking out the sublime original, to walk into a music shop and buy the badly done cover by this talentless imposter, this . . . ham who must wake up every day and thank God he's lucky.

I know there are charitable donations tied up with the purchase of this single, but I'm still depressed by the whole thing. If you care enough, donate a sum to a worthy cause, and buy the original. Consider the rotund one and the way in which he soulfully growled out these well chosen, self penned lyrics, every word invested with its intended meaning, and tell me I'm wrong. They absolutely have to be sang by him. Sang by Barry White, who's a legend, not by Howard Brown, who's crap. Some things are just so.

Extract from You're The First, The Last, My Everything. By Barry White
(not by Howard Brown)

we got it together didn't we
nobody but you and me
we got it together baby
my first, my last, my everything and
the answer to all my dreams
you're my sun, my moon, my guiding star
my kind of wonderful, that's what you are

my first, my last, my everything
and the answer to all my dreams
you're my sun,
my moon,
my guiding star
my kind of wonderful,
that's what you are.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?