Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Black for Good

This is it then. This will be the new look. I rather like it and there are a few good blogs out there that I've always thought look spiffing in black, as well as being well written. I maybe tip-toeing around very exalted company.

I was never that keen on the red and grey, I was hesitant about sticking links in the text that seemed to disrupt the tidiness of the lines, see here in this otherwise excellent blog. And as for my second choice, it just looked washed out, unlike Geoff's observations. A quick switch to this one, again this is a fine blog, but the template is flawed. Words and details that should appear in the sidebar deteriorate on reloads and have to be wiped back with a hovering mouse. This puts me in mind of those children's paint books from the sixties which allowed you to transform a faint image outline into a radiantly coloured masterpiece by applying a watery brush to it. But without the pleasure.

So I went for black. And providing I don't tinker where I oughtn't I'm black for good.

Comments:
I think it's the most stylish template, but then I would say that, wouldn't I?
 
Mike, I'm glad you've come over to the Dark Side, you won't regret it. You just can't go wrong with black. If it was good enough for Johnny Cash it's good enough for me.
 
Oo, hello. This is a new place for me. It's a bit like reaching a new level in Tomb Raider.

Anyhow, many thanks for the endorsement! But what's that you're saying about my links? I take comments about my links very personally, you know. Well, to be honest I don't really. I love all my visitors equally and without measure (although, isn't 'equally' a measure?), even if they say things about my links.
 
You're right Polly, it is the most stylish. I wish the substance came as easily as a click.

WTT: Good enough for The Men in Black too. Hey maybe we're the new MIB.

Patroclus, I didn't mean to be rude about your links, I used the same template as yours until my Haloscan comments went belly up and then lost my blogger comments as well. Grabbed the chance of changing to a new one. I hated the underlining of the hyperlinks, don't know why, just did. Yours look great though. *looks sheepish*
 
I'm more washed up than washed out.

I like the black.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?